Re: [GIT PULL] SELinux patches for 3.15

On Monday, March 17, 2014 07:21:59 AM Eric Paris wrote:
> You think a security tree based on 3.13-rc7 is good and Paul, who
> tested on the actual release of 3.13 is bad?
>
> I know you got yelled at for randomly picking fast forward-ish merge
> points, but now you've got a crappy merge point.  Apparently, it was
> needed it for the Xen/TPM work (not sure why YOU merged it instead of
> the TPM people, but that's beside the point).
>
> But the problem stands.  You are based on a crummy location.  When are
> you going to pick up 3.13?  After 3.14 is out?
>
> Seems like Paul's move to include 3.13 made a lot of sense...

This issue with the linux-security tree keeps coming up and I stand by my
earlier statements that I would much prefer if the linux-security is based off
the latest kernel release, e.g. 3.13 as of today.  This seems to be in keeping
with Linus' comments, fits with what Eric was doing back when he managed the
SELinux tree, and strikes a nice balance between stability and "newness".  I
plan on continuing with this approach for the SELinux tree.

However, I don't want the 3.15 patches to get lost due to these stupid
differences so I've created a new branch that has the SELinux 3.15 patches
applied on top of linux-security#next.

 * git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/selinux next

--
paul moore
security and virtualization @ redhat