Re: Changing unlabeled_t on files to invalid_label_t.

On Thu, 2014-01-09 at 19:23 -0500, Paul Moore wrote:

> Don't forget that a sid, including the initial sids, represents a full
> label/context.

Yes sorry, I will try to keep that in mind.

I use the terminology a bit different since i do not look at it from a
code perspective.

To me a sid is just what the name suggests: a security identifier.

user_u -> identity security identifier
role_r -> role security identifier
type_t -> type security identifier
s0 -> sensitivity security identifier
c0 -> compartment security identifier

I guess from that perspective i would probably also refer to for example
traditional uids as sids.

uid=1000(joe)

key/value pairs, were the key ("uid") is a security attribute and the
value (1000/(joe)) is a/are security identifier(s)

I know its probably technically incorrect. I have the same thing with
the term domain.

I use that term in a different context than everyone else. What you call
a domain i call a domain type.

To me a particular domain encapsulates all rules associated with a
particular domain type