Re: [RFC] CIL and Source Policy Integration

On Thu, 2014-01-09 at 10:27 -0500, Steve Lawrence wrote:

> Considering this patchset really only changes where modules are
> installed and the format of those modules, I suspect you're right that
> copying the targeted configuration is causing some issues. Plus the fact
> that the policy is based on old refpolicy and not fedora policy, I
> expected policy related issues. However, the main goal of this RFC was
> to determine if the CIL and Source policy integration is headed down the
> right path, and determine if there are any high level design flaws or
> any issues that need to be worked out for upstream integration to occur.
> If the only remaining issue is getting a system working in enforcing, I
> think we're okay with that.
>
> We'll continue to look into the issues you described and see if we can
> come up with fixes, but I suspect they are more policy/configuration
> related, and not problems with the patchset.
>
> Thanks!
> - Steve

Alright, i understand. I do suspect this is more than just a simple
policy issue but i can't narrow it down at the moment. Login mappings
are missing one way or another, and that seems to break other things
like home dir context generation. Since semodule -B initiates all this i
would argue that semodule -B functionality for at least some part is
broken on way or another.

I did do other tests and they seems to all pass.

For example disabling and enabling modules:

so for example:

semodule -d irc (disabled it: confirmed with sesearch)
cd cilpolicy xargs -a LISTING semodule -i
(tells me that it will disable irc module after install because its set
disabled: confirmed with sesearch)
semodule -e irc (enables it again: confirmed with sesearch)