Re: SELinux: Update policy version to support constraints info

On Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:22:44 AM Richard Haines wrote:
> [...]

My current two cents on the issue ...

Working under the assumption that the userspace tools would much prefer to
read the policy directly from the kernel (for obvious reasons), it makes sense
to me that we provide this additional constraint information along with the
rest of the policy.  Having to pull policy information from both the kernel
and a regular file seems like it could lead to all sorts of problems.

Further, I believe that for the majority of systems the extra ~5k of kernel
memory is not a major deal breaker, although I will concede that for smaller
systems (Android perhaps?) this might be more of a concern.  What if, along
with this extra constraint information, we add a toggle (perhaps via a new
policy capability) which would trigger the kernel to either preserve the
constraint info or discard it when the policy is loaded?

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com