Re: SELinux errors with pam_faillock

I would expect this to be case from reading the pam_faillock man page.
On successful attempts you clear file of any errors. I would assume
this would make the file if it doesn't exist. That seems to be the
case in my testing. This would be the only reason why some policy
modules have auth_manage_faillog vs auth_rw_faillog.  That interface
doesn't look to be run refpolicy yet, but is in policy-F13.patch in
RHEL 6. You are definitely correct that there needs to be policy for
the files to get created by someone.