Re: ipc security context

On 04/11/2013 08:31 AM, Ondrej Oprala wrote:
Hi,
is it possible to get/set a security context per separate IPC objects?
As far as my googling got me, it seems IPCs are the same context
as process creation, so I'm guessing I should probably be able
to get some info about a shared memory segment for example, by passing
lpid to getpidcon. Are my assumptions correct or am I completely off the
chart?
I'd be very thankful for any clarification.

If you truly need to programmatically get the security context of an IPC object, I'd suggest defining new command values for the *ctl() functions that copy out the security context of the IPC object. That's a kernel change of course.

If you just want to see the security contexts of some IPC objects, then you can likely just turn on syscall audit and define some audit filters to trigger collection and auditing of the ipc object information, including its security context. Or you might try defining auditallow rules for the relevant domain(s) with the ipc object security classes in your policy.

Looking up the security context from the pid may work in some cases, but won't be reliable. In the case of shm, I think you'd want cpid rather than lpid, but even that won't guarantee it is still the same.
It would be better to have real APIs for getting the security context.