Re: Labeled NFS [v5]

On 11/14/2012 6:30 AM, David Quigley wrote:
> On 11/14/2012 09:24, J. Bruce Fields wrote:

>>> If we use nfsd_supported_minorversion which I'm guessing is an
>>> export option
>>
>> That's just a variable in the code.  It's controlled by
>> /proc/fs/nfsd/versions.
>>
>>> what happens if someone wants to use other 4.2
>>> features but not labeling?
>>
>> We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, maybe by adding some new
>> global paramater.
>>
>> There's no reason this really needs to be per-export, is there?
>>
>> --b.
>
> At the moment I can't really think of a reason to have it be
> per-export. I think we need a new LSM patch though to determine if the
> LSM supports labeling over NFS unless Steve can think of a better way
> to tell if the LSM supports labeling.

If the LSM has a secid_to_secctx hook it supports labeling.
Today that's SELinux and Smack. You already have support in
for SELinux, and providing Smack's review and possibly updates
is #2 on my gotta do list. On the whole, I think that, except
for the fundamental philosophical difference between label
support and xattr support, it should be a simple matter to
get support in for any LSM that has secid_to_secctx.

But I'm still working on the review.