reload seandroid policy

I am new to SEAndroid and I have a couple of questions about reloading
policy, on Android 4.0.4.

1. I read from the SEAndroid wiki that I can copy a new policy file
to /data/system, and issue a "setprop selinux.reload_policy 1" command
in adb shell to trigger a reload of policy. I did this but nothing
happened. How do I know the reload is successful or not? I checked dmesg
but saw nothing useful.

2. How to I know which policy file is pointed to by the kernel currently
if multiple policies exist on my device? Is there a adb shell command or
log file that can help?

Thanks,
Shuiqing