Re: With systemd taking care of starting services, is there any reason to continue to ship run_init?

On Mon, 2012-11-05 at 11:51 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> systemctl start SERVICE
>
> Will start the service cleanly as the correct context, I want to remove this
> command from systemd enabled systems.  Any one know of a reason to not do this?
> --

Keep in mind that run_init is also used in other scenarios

for example:

newaliases
rpm/yum

If you have ubac enabled and you run yum install app without run_init as
sysadm_t then some of the installed files might end up with a identity
that ubac constrained domains might not be allowed to access and that
might break functionality.

Also keep in mind that upstart is still available in the repository and
people might decide to use that instead of systemd