Re: Question about SELinux capability

On Friday, October 26, 2012 04:08:15 PM Moyer, Thomas - 0668 - MITLL wrote:
> I am working with a piece of embedded hardware that uses raw ethernet frames
> to communicate with another (standard PC). Is it possible to apply SELinux
> labels to those ethernet frames like you can with IP packets using iptables
> and SECMARK?

The secmark/iptables labels never leave the local system, they are maintained
only within the kernel and do not travel out over the wire.  If you are
interested in communicating security label over the network your only options
at present require an IP header at the very least.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com