Re: SELinux Branded USB Thumb Drives

On 9/18/2012 5:22 PM, Casey Schaufler wrote:
On 9/18/2012 12:12 PM, David Quigley wrote:
I've been thinking of putting in a bulk order for either 8GB or 16GB
USB thumb drives with special SELinux branding on them. Who would be
interested in participating in the bulk order? We would have to decide
on a design first and then once that was done and I felt I had enough
people on board I could order about 100 of them (which seems to be the
minimum for some places). Nothing is definite yet as I'm just shopping
around the idea.

Is that really a good idea? Given the frequency that thumb drives turn
up as infection vectors it seems like you're asking for trouble.

I intend on getting ones with physical write protection if I can. However I don't see it as being any different from the ones you get from the one of a million AV/Anti-malware companies out there either. I intend on using them for when I give a talk or teach a class and intend on collecting them at the end.