Re: signature clause in mac_permisions

If you want to go straight from cert to hex encoding without having to sign an app (i.e., you are generating certs and policies at the same time) you can use this:

$openssl x509 -inform PEM -in <certname>.x509.pem -outform DER

Script to encode:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import sys
content = sys.stdin.read().strip()
foo = content.encode("hex")
sys.stdout.write(foo)

The script to encode has to be very careful about padding or null terminating, hence why I couldn't just use some random command line tool.

William Roberts wrote:
I should have RTFM, it is right on the wiki under install time mac
http://selinuxproject.org/page/SEAndroid

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Robert Craig <robertpcraig@xxxxxxxxx