system without libsepol

Is it reasonable to expect a system without libsepol to be able to load
policy?  I know the code can do it right now, but does anyone do it?
I'd like to remove and try to rework some of that code so it is cleaner
and more obvious.  Anyone see a problem with requiring libspol be
installed if libselinux was build with shared library expectations?

-Eric