Re: RBAC to SELinux policy migration

Clarifying to avoid confusion:

1. I assumed I would be able to allow a user the ability to run system utilities like tcpdump, chkconfig, etc. by using selinux (either by using domain transitions or applying a sysadm_u context to the user or ...)
Is that correct ?
2. I am not sure capabilities can do that, my understanding was that they work on a per file basis not per user.....
3. if the uid is checked by the utility I won't be able to workaround that by means of selinux, right ?

Regards,
Marcel