Re: proof selinux

On 08/29/2012 03:28, Russell Coker wrote:
On Wed, 29 Aug 2012, "Raul da Silva {Sp4wn}" <sp4wn.root@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know that we have a lot of ways to prove how effective is SELinux as cgi, perl, shell scripts and I know that is effective but I'd like to know if someone already tested some kind of exploit of buffer overflow attack as
demo to show how effective could be SELinux.
Any information I really appreciate

A simple test of this would be to run a program like telnetd as httpd_t (or
some other domain that takes remote connections) and configure it to
launch a
shell with no password.

http://www.coker.com.au/selinux/play.html

Also I have a Play Machine online right now to demonstrate how the root
account can be locked down.

An easier example is what I use for my SELinux talks. Custom file transfer daemon (gets only) which has a very critical flaw in it. It doesn't sanitize the path that is requested for the binary. Because of this you can use .. repeatedly to get where you need to in the filesystem hierarchy and pull any file you want. Once you install the SELinux policy it will only allow you to pull files with the correct content type.

https://github.com/dpquigl/ftransferd