Re: check_seapp sepolicy integration

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM, William Roberts
<bill.c.roberts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have the initial check_seapp tool integrated inted sepolicy, and
> rather then blasting patches back and forth for code review, we can
> use bitbucket and its wiki...
>
> Please visit,
> https://bitbucket.org/billcroberts/external-sepolicy/overview
>
> lets work on getting this up to par, and then I will submit a patch
> back over the mailing list for it's inclusion.

A MLS level is a string consisting of a sensitivity
level:category-set, e.g. s0:c15.  It is not an integer.  You should be
able to use sepol_mls_check() to check the validity of a MLS level
against a given policy.

It doesn't seem like your two projects are consistent or buildable -
check_seapp has no Android.mk and would suggest it is named
check_seapp, whereas sepolicy wants to invoke checkseapp.

I can also throw together a simple checkfc program to check the
file_contexts against the policy to prevent the kinds of problems you
encountered when you omitted a MLS level from your file_contexts
entry.  In normal SELinux, we use setfiles -c for that purpose, but I
didn't bring setfiles over into the Android tree as a build host tool
and we don't need all of its functionality anyway.  I can create a
greatly streamlined version of the setfiles -c functionality as a
simple program under sepolicy in the Android tree.