Possible bug in finding default context?

Sometime ago I posted about a problem I had when building a
monolithic policy. Login programs were unable to determine the
default context of users when logging in, although i was pretty
sure I did everything right. I never resolved that but didn't
bother either since I started writing a new modular policy from
scratch.

Everything worked flawlessly, including logins, until suddenly
now logins started to fail again with the login programs unable
to determine the context of the user.

Oh, what fresh hell is this?! So I started rolling back changes,
and it turns out if there are too many types associated with one
role and that role and one of its types is set as default context
for a user, /bin/login gives 'Unable to get valid context'.

BTW, the exact number seems 194. 194 types associated with one
role works. 195 and it's broken.

I'm doing this on Ubuntu 12.04, so it could be the crappily
maintained selinux userland here.

Ole