Re: NULL pointer dereference in selinux_ip_postroute_compat

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 09:30 -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
>
>> In the case of a TCP syn-recv and timewait ACK things are a little less clear.
>> Eric (Dumazet), it looks like we have a socket in tcp_v4_reqsk_send_ack() and
>> tcp_v4_timewait_ack(), any reason why we can't propagate the socket down to
>> ip_send_unicast_reply()?
>>

> timewait 'sockets' are not full blown sockets.
>
> We need a socket (well, a good part of it) to build the IP frame and
> send it.

Yes, of course you're right.

Ideally we need a better solution here from a LSM perspective, but I
don't think this should hold up the fix as the labeling was broken
even before the postroute_compat() code broke.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com