Re: sepolgen requires unofficial setools patch

On 05/21/2012 04:58 PM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> It looks like the current stable sepolgen release has requirements towards
> an unofficial (well, fedora/rhel only) patch on setools. With the current
> stable setools, it gives the following error when trying to use
> audit2allow on a denial that contains write & open:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/audit2allow-2.7", line
> 354, in <module> app.main() File "/usr/bin/audit2allow-2.7", line 345, in
> main self.__output() File "/usr/bin/audit2allow-2.7", line 315, in
> __output g.add_access(self.__avs) File
> "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sepolgen/policygen.py", line 211, in
> add_access self.__add_allow_rules(raw_allow) File
> "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sepolgen/policygen.py", line 179, in
> __add_allow_rules self.domains = seinfo(ATTRIBUTE,
> name="domain")[0]["types"] NameError: global name 'seinfo' is not defined
>
> The patch that RedHat (and Fedora) provides fixes this in Python 2
> systems, but doesn't work in Python 3 (because Python 3 has a different
> setup for Extension-based modules). I have a locally-tested patch on that,
> but I'm not sure this is a good way to go forward.
>
> Perhaps it would be wise to remove the dependency towards the setools
> binding and instead include the necessary code in the userspace libraries
> themselves? policygen.py doesn't require the entire set of querying that
> seinfo provides...
>
> The patch that is suggested by RedHat/Fedora doesn't follow the same
> structure as the other bindings do (like libqpol/libapol) in setools too.
>
> Wkr, Sven Vermeulen
>
> -- This message was distributed to subscribers of the selinux mailing
> list. If you no longer wish to subscribe, send mail to
> majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the words "unsubscribe selinux" without quotes
> as the message.

Well I am not sure if anyone has ever used the setools python binaries other
then the setools/sesearch and seinfo bindings.

I would suggest we drop the general python bindings or deemphasize them and
work on improving the seinfo/sesearch bindings.

I have generated quite a few tools based on these bindings, that I am trying
to figure out where how to package.

setrans, senetwork, secommunicate,  segenuserman, segendomainman

Currently these are just little python scripts but I think they are pretty
powerfull and if we figured out a good cli for them, would be a nice update of
settools.