Re: Fwd: [nfsv4] Last call for "Requirements for Labeled NFS" - ends on April 27th

On 4/3/2012 1:16 PM, David Quigley wrote:
> A heads up for everyone who has been involved in the process. Take a
> look and provide some comments if you'd like. I will be reviewing it
> soon and providing my feedback.

Overall well done document.

Section 3.3 uses the term "context" differently than it is used in
sections 3.5.1 and 3.7.1.
It is not clear what comprises the "context" referenced in section 3.3.
The "security context" referenced in 3.5.1 and 3.7.1 may not translate
between client and server.
If the client is a strictly capability based Unix (e.g. Trusted Irix)
and the server SELinux the "security context" of the client may be
completely incomprehensible to the server.

Perhaps a change on the order of:

    "Both the server and the client have MAC functionality enabled, and
full LNFS functionality is extended over the network between both client
and server."

    "The server and the client have mutually recognized MAC
functionality enabled, and full LNFS functionality is extended over the
network between both client and server. "

And I've added the LSM list to the CC, as SELinux isn't the only
environment concerned with the outcome of Labeled NFS.