Re: CTS failure on SEAndroid Galaxy Nexus

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the response, my comments are inlined

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 08:18 -0500, Subramani Venkatesh wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Trying to execute CTS on SEAndroid with security enforce, but I am not
>> successful getting it working, it crashes at the very beginning with
>> an exeception, is anyone else seeing the same issue?
>
> First, did you make sure that you had no avc messages before going into
> enforcing mode and even trying to run the CTS?  adb shell dmesg | grep
> avc should yield no output.
<Subbu>: I fixed most of it, they were couple of them missing, I will
fix them and try again.

> Second, make sure you can run the CTS in permissive mode without any
> difficulties as your baseline.
<Subbu>: Yes CTS executes in permissive mode without any issues.

> Third, make sure you enable the android_cts policy boolean before
> running the CTS.  If you have configured the CTS to not reboot the
> device (set maxTestCount to -1 in repository/host_config.xml), then you
> can just do this once via adb shell su 0 setsebool android_cts=1.
> Otherwise, if you want to allow periodic reboots during the CTS, you
> need to add setsebool android_cts=1 and setenforce 1 to your init.rc or
> init.<board>.rc file so that it happens on each boot.
<Subbu>: I did enable android_cts_policy boolean, I shall try changed
my init.rc file to setenforce 1 all the time.