Re: Login context for a VNC connection

On Tue, 2012-03-06 at 21:37 +0100, Andy Warner wrote:
> I am trying to configure the login context for a user connection
> through Tiger VNC. I am using RHEL6 with the MLS policy, fully
> updated. Currently I am getting:
>
> system_u:system_r:initrc_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh
>
> This does not seem correct. Can someone please give me information on
> hos this context is calculated and how I can configure it so the user
> receives a context of my choosing.

Most likely means that the Tiger VNC server is not labeled, thus left in
the caller's context (initrc_t), and either does not try to set the user
session context at all (i.e. no pam_selinux in its pam config) or fails
to determine a context because it is starting from a context that is not
specified as part
of /etc/selinux/$SELINUXTYPE/contexts/default_contexts.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency