Upstart not transitioning to target domain

I've been struggling for a few hours trying to write a new policy on an
install of RHEL6.1.  I'm still cutting my teeth on SELinux, so if
there's a more appropriate forum for this, I apologize.

I can't seem to convince upstart to transition to the target domain.
I've tried using init_daemon_domain, domain_auto_trans, and specifying
the transition manually, but the resulting daemon continues to run under
initrc_t.  Curiously, the logging_log_filetrans macro seems to be
working just fine, as log files are created with an appropriate context.

The current policy is quite simple:

-----
policy_module(foobar,0.5.7)

require {
        attribute port_type;
};

type foobard_t;
type foobard_exec_t;
init_daemon_domain(foobard_t, foobard_exec_t)

type foobard_etc_t;
files_type(foobard_etc_t)

type foobard_log_t;
files_type(foobard_log_t)

type foobard_var_lib_t;
files_type(foobard_var_lib_t)

type foobar_port_t, port_type;
-----

I've verified that the filesystem is labelled properly, yet the service
itself continues to run under initrc_t:

-----
system_u:system_r:initrc_t:s0   root      8724  0.0  1.5 694524 15636 ?
      Ssl  23:50   0:00 /usr/local/foobar/bin/foobard -a input -f
/usr/local/foobar/conf/input.conf
-----

What am I doing wrong?