Re: [refpolicy] pam_selinux(gdm-password:session): Security Context justin:staff_r:insmod_t:s0 Assigned

On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 11:58 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 09/16/2011 11:22 AM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
> > On 09/16/2011 07:59 AM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> >> ps -eZ |grep sshd
> > I dont have sshd running, but here is ps auxZ to give you an idea
> > of what I am seeing: http://fpaste.org/u6IB/
> >
> > if I adjust /etc/pam.d/login and add select_context to
> > pam_selinux.so then do init 3 in lilo I am able to have the
> > context justin:staff_r:staff_t:s0  the way it should. but as soon
> > as I init 5 gdm starts up, and everything goes back to
> > name:staff_r:insmod_t:s0
> >
> > I think I am either missing a boolean to have the transisiton
> > runing properly, and/or pam.d or some config file somewhere needs
> > to be adjusted. keep in mind refpolicy has no patches added to
> > it(not sure if I need any for systemd), just plain git pull
> > etc...
> >
> > Justin P. Mattock
> Well since you don't have a init_t running, I think your problem
> starts there.  Looks like your system is badly mislabeled or something
> in init is broken.   I take it this is not a Red Hat Based OS?

Also please post the actual label of the init executable:

ls -lZ /sbin/init

or wherever that is.

It should be init_exec_t.

Init is the father of all processes, if it hasn't transitioned properly
to init_t soon after booting up, then it all goes tits up...

- check the label above;
- try relabeling the whole filesystem;
- try the init_systemd boolean if you are using systemd as init.

Please keep up informed on the progress.

Guido