Re: sepgsql and process transition

Kohei Kaigai wrote:
I think it is not a situation that we should allow staff_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh
to translate into sepgsql_trusted_proc_t:SystemHigh, because this rule intends
to prevent to switch lower range without special attributes, and it eventually
prevents violated references of information.
Even if we have individual object class to represent a subject entity of database
system, its fundamental is not changed, is it?
If staff running at system low need to use a trusted procedure to get (and
redact, remove precision, etc) system high data they must be able to transition
like that. Even if the user is running at systemlow-systemhigh, since their
active clearance is systemlow, their user type must have privrangetrans which is
not desirable.

If we add "db_client" as a new object class for a subject entity of database system,
How does the MLS constraint of db_client control the domain transition?
I guess the rule shall follow the process class:

   mlsconstrain db_client transition
           (( h1 dom h2 ) and
             (( l1 eq l2 ) or ( t1 == mlsprocsetsl ) or
             (( t1 == privrangetrans ) and ( t2 == mlsrangetrans ))));

However, in this case, staff_t still requires privrangetrans and sepgsql_trusted_proc_t
requires mlsrangetrans. If we exceptionally allows to upgrade/downgrade range of subject
entity on database system, unlike operating system, it is arguable...

I assume we'll have different attributes so that OS privileges and DB privileges can be separated.