Re: SELinux Common Intermediate Language Update

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 17:10 +0100, Richard Haines wrote:
> I've been trying to generate a context for a non-mls policy but keep getting the following error:
>
> Building Parse Tree...
> Building AST from Parse Tree...
> Invalid context (line: 12)
> Failed to fill context, rc: -1
> cil_gen_context failed, rc: -1
> Failed to process node
> cil_tree_walk failed, rc: -1
> Failed to build ast, exiting
>
> I've tried various formats of 'context' but all failed. One example:
> ( context context1 ( unconfined_u unconfined_r unconfined_t ))
>
> I see plenty of mls context examples in the test files but no non-mls.
> Could you let me know the correct format please.

You always need to specify MLS current and clearance levels in CIL. The
idea behind CIL is that we want a good foundation for building
higher-level languages and tools, so we want minimize the special cases
in the language syntax. Refpolicy already uses gen_context() for
contexts, so just think of CIL as having gen_context() built in.

--
James Carter <jwcart2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
National Security Agency