Re: v0 Separate tunables from booleans

On 08/23/11 06:08, Harry Ciao wrote:
> Comments
> ---------
> Separate tunables from booleans.
>
> The effective branch of an if-else conditional that controlled by a tunable
> should be expanded and registered to te_avtab hashtab permanently; while the
> whole if-else conditional that controlled by a boolean should be expaned and
> registered to te_cond_avtab hashtab as normal.
>
> Also nearly all tunables(exceptions see below) would be discarded from
> policy.X.
>
> With this patchset, the size of policy.X would drop significantly from 600+k
> down to 322+k bytes(since most of tunables are default to false, and there is
> no else branch of most conditionals).
>
> Note, so far some tunable would be used along with some boolean in the
> tunable_policy() macro(say pppd_can_insmod), this is not recommended and such
> tunable would have to be transformed as boolean.

I'd say that this is a good first step, but I think it has a problem.
It has the same limitations as conditional policy, since you're reusing
those data structures.  I'd like to be able to put more in tunables than
can be put in conditional policy blocks, such as rbac (role, role allow,
role_transition) statements and typeattributes statements.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC