Re: v3 Add role attribute support to libsepol

--snip--

>>>  > 2. The policy.X's binary representation and SELinux kernel role_datum_t
>>>  > structure don't have to be changed, so the max version number for
>>> policy.X
>>>  > won't have to be bumped.
>>>  >
>>>  > But it may be desirable to bump the max module version number.
>>>  >

> Write flavor flag and roles ebitmap into a pp file and read them out unconditionally, this would only run into problem only under one condition, that libsepol/checkpolicy are upgraded with this patchset but the pp files are built before the upgrade took place, which I think could be easily fixed by re-building all pp files by the upgraded libsepol/checkpolicy.
>
> So I think we don't have to bump MOD_POLICYDB_VERSION_MAX higher.
>
> Am I right?
>
> BTW, how do we trigger a pp downgrade? Anything like OUTPUT_POLICY or policy-version to trigger policy downgrade?
>
> Thanks,
> Harry

There isn't a tool that can force a policy module downgrade, but it can
be done programmatically, so it should be supported. Additionally, it
shouldn't require that modules be rebuilt if the toolchain is updated.
So please add a new module version and check that before reading/writing
the new role attribute information.

Aside from that, I've reviewed this patchset and everything looks
reasonable. I still want to test this a little more, but assuming I
don't see any any issues with a little more testing, and pending a fix
for a module version bump, I'm fine with merging this.

- Steve