Re: As we move to systemd, we are loosing some functionality from init scripts.

I dont think that will work. According to my strace systemd performs the
work completely on behalf of the user when calling systemctl.

It might be more elegant to solve the problem in software.. ideally with
some selinux object manager for systemd that systemctl can be
intercepted with.

Say classes of target and service and permissions like start, stop
reload, restart etc.

That could take a while to implement though.