Re: As we move to systemd, we are loosing some functionality from init scripts.

On 07/12/11 17:12, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Currently we can setup certain domains to be allowed to execute labeled
> init scripts.  If we go away from init scripts we will need a mechanism
> for init to look at the calling program label to figure out if it is
> allowed to start/stop certain domains.
>
> Can webadm_t start/stop mysqld_t?  Can webadm_t start/stop httpd_t?
>
> # id -Z
> staff_u:webadm_r:webadm_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023
> # systemctl start httpd.service
> # systemctl stop httpd.service
>
> Another option would be just whether label
> /lib/systemd/system/mysqld.service something that webadm_t is not
> allowed to read.
>
> Ideas?

Does your suggestion really make it impossible to send a command to
systemd to start/stop a service if you cant read that file (eg
mysqld.service)?  I don't know what the implementation is, but I would
guess that systemctl connects to systemd over a unix socket or fifo to
give commands?  If so, it would seem better for systemd to have some
SELinux awareness on its incoming commands.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC