Making new roles

What do I need to add a new role such that I can change to it with newrole?

I can’t seem to find any rules that allow it to work. This is for a monolithic policy we developed based from the reference policy on redhat 5.2

I have the following

I want to change from root:sysadm_r:sysadm_t:s0 to this one root:mynewrole_r:mynewrole_t:s0

I have the following rules (amongst lots of others!)

type mynewrole_t;

role sysadm_r, mynewrole_r;

allow sysadm_r mynewrole_r;

role mynewrole_r types mynewtype_t;

user root roles { sysadm_r secadm_r auditadm_r  mynewrole_r } level s0 range s0 - s0:c0.c255;

I also have an entry in default_type that picks the right combination.

I get the error reported that it is not a valid context.

This is true even with enforcing disabled.

# newrole –r mynewrole_r

root:mynewrole_r:mynewrole_t:s0 is not a valid context.

Wondering what I’m missing to define a new role? Any ideas?

Thanks

Julian.