Re: Missing configure script and instructions?

Hello David !

On 21/06/2011 22:03, David Doria wrote:
I cloned the SELinux repository and I don't see any README, INSTALL,
or configure files. There is a Makefile, but typically 'make' is not
the first step in an installation process, right? How should I build
SELinux?

You can just check the Makefile for very simple things such as editing the CFLAGS (compiler options) or editing the PREFIX and/or DESTDIR (I can't remember exactly now) and then just type:

$ make

to build

$ make install

to install it.

Otherwise, you could pass the same variables to make as in:

make CFLAGS="-g -O2 -march=corei7 -mtune=corei7"

make DESTDIR=/ PREFIX=/usr install

to build for example with debugging on an Intel Corei7 and install under /usr on root filesystem.

Thanks,

David

configure won't be strictly needed (as there are very few simple build options). And it's not packaged strictly according to GNU guidelines, so it might not carry INSTALL, README, NEWS and friends.

But in a sense you're right, one day the whole thing shall evolve towards being a little bit more conformant to GNU guidelines (and provide for example autoconf tools even if they might not appear as strictly needed but at least for consistency with the underlying world).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Guido