Why user/type/role identifiers duplicated to a block/decl's symtab?

Hi Joshua and Stephen,

I happened to have one more question about the link & expand process.

Now that once the link process is complete, the base.p_xxx tables would be "complete", that is, it would not only contain all identifiers defined in p_xxx tables of all modules(AKA, the global block of a module), but also all identifiers defined in avrule_decl_t.symtab[] for all block/decl of all modules.

Then, why would we need to duplicate user/role/type identifiers in a block/decl to its counterpart in the base module? Furthermore, why would we have to copy them once again to the out module?

Maybe the answer would be quite obvious, but I may need your hint to break it through :-)

Please also refer to the attached pdf for a picture I've drawn for the copy/merge of symtabs during link & expand.

Many thanks for your time!

Best regards,
Harry