Patch Review Process

Recently, I've not been merging patches at the rate that I would like.
The delay is a problem itself, but it has also meant that people aren't
certain of the status of the patches that have been submitted.

I understand that this can be frustrating. Not only am I going to work
harder to review and merge patches in a more timely manner, but also at
providing better feedback more quickly. As such, I will make some simple
changes.

First, I will either quickly respond with a review, or reply with a
confirmation that I received the patch and it has been added to our
queue. Second, I will send out bi-weekly emails to the list detailing
which patches have been reviewed, which patches I am currently working
on, and the updated patch queue.

While these changes are relatively minor, I think they should help to
make the review process more transparent and less frustrating. To start
this off, the current patch queue is at the bottom of this email. If you
don't see a patch that you have submitted, or you have an updated
version, please send the patch to this mailing list and I'll update the
queue.

For anyone wishing to submit a patch, the process remains the same:
- Make sure the patch applies to the current HEAD of the git repo
(http://oss.tresys.com/git/selinux.git).
- Send it to this list using the Linux kernel submission standards
(http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/SubmittingPatches). Note: using
git format-patch and git send-email will take care of most of this for you.
- I will shortly respond with a confirmation

Finally, if anyone has any suggestions on ways to make the patch review
process better, my ears are all open.

Current Patch Queue:

checkpolicy: fix filename identifier
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=130442985211760&w=2

selabel_open fix processing of substitution files (update)
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=130314146920796&w=2

selinux_file_context_verify function returns wrong value
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129968866831934&w=2

Fix boolean handling in semanage
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=125433524126271&w=2

Add modules support to semanage
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=125433587727297&w=2

sandbox changes
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129226611027331&w=2

libselinux mountpoint changing
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=130444622801373&w=2

Add note to checkmodule man page about versions
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=127913558418720&w=2

Bug in restorecond for the first user logged in
http://marc.info/?t=128164314700001&r=1&w=2

transactions in semanage man page
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=127959379422398&w=2

libsemanage python3 support
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=128025784525867&w=2

libselinux python3 support
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129226509225674&w=2

SETools patch: adding exclude type feature in queries
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=128448149528834&w=2

Move newrole to file caps/libcapng
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129226621227513&w=2

Improve semodule performance
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=128043503603540&w=2

Fix warning messages generated by GCC 4.6
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=127845525722194&w=2

sepolgen kernel policy version check
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=128948444127169&w=2

Remove DEFAULTUSER handling from get_context_list
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129226509425687&w=2

sepolgen current patch from Fedora
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129226551726416&w=2

Improved error message for load_policy
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129226567426640&w=2

Semanage patch
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129233335310866&w=2

restorecond: Ignore IN_IGNORED inotify events
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=125380417916233&w=2

setfiles/restorecond patch
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129226589026919&w=2

policycoreutils:  update audit2allow manpage
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129304945226866&w=2

libsemanage: include MCS/MLS level when generating files_contexts.homedirs
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129421658323663&w=2

setfiles: provide an option to avoid abortion on a missing file
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129819885027010&w=2

minor improvements and clean-ups for setfiles
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129819262321520&w=2

policycoreutils scripts updates
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=129226648427897&w=2

Fix options for policycoreutils binaries
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=125718355929168&w=2