Re: xattr support in cgroupfs

On 4/29/2011 7:05 PM, Matthew Ife wrote:
I was wondering what peoples' thoughts where on doing this.

At the moment cgroupfs does not support xattrs so no labelling of selinux
types is permitted, but since /proc and other pseudo filesystems support
it this should be possible.

There are a number of use-cases which would benefit from this. For
example I have recently been working with application layer integration
of libcgroup with other services (apache being able to switch
cgroups for vhosts for example) because cgroups offer an excellent means
of offering resource control to prevent abuse of resources.

Aa a typical example i'd like to be able to label some cgroups in
cgroupfs as "httpd_cgroup_t" / "httpd_cgroup_task_t" so that I can
control the access of the files it creates for administering tasks and
altering what goes in the task list. But currently I must give httpd_t
complete access to cgroup_t files. I can use DAC effectively enough to
limit access but without SELinux backing me up it makes me feel somewhat
naked.

As a matter of fact, I started patching libcgroup to support labelling
cgroupfs without realizing this facility is unsupported! So I have about
70% of an effective patch to do this work properly within libcgroup too.

I welcome peoples' thoughts on this idea.