Re: Help with toolchain

Eric Paris wrote:
I've got a minimal policy and a small policy module I wrote (ok the
'policy' is the kernel mdp, but who cares)

I can do:
	checkmodule -o policy.bin policy.conf
	checkmodule -m -o filename.mod filename.te

To generate a base module and a 'normal' module.  I can use:
	dismod policy.bin
	filename.mod
to load the base module and then link in the 'normal' module.  But I
don't know to make it expand.

you could use semodule_link in policycoreutils and then gdb through semodule_expand.

I'd like to turn the policy.conf + filename.te into a fully linked
expanded kernel policy.X but I'm not sure what magic incantation I need
to use.....

(No cat filename.te>>  policy.conf; checkpolicy -o policy.X policy.conf
is no adequate.  It's somewhere in expand that things seems to be
breaking so I want as small of a policy and as small of steps as I can
make to debug where things are dying)

-Eric