RE: type_datum changed from define_type() and type_write() ?

On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 10:13 +0000, HarryCiao wrote:
> > But with regard to your problem, understand that types (and other
> > symbols) are first assigned temporary values during module
> compilation,
> > then they are mapped to their final values during module
> > linking/expansion into a final policy. So whenever ! you add new
> state,
> > you have to preserve it and map it properly during the link/expand
> > stages.
>
> I see, I am a complete checkpoliy/libsepol rookie, don't know much
> about that. No wonder the type_datum.s.value is different from lexing
> to the end.
>
> Any reference or starting point I could make use of to understand the
> compile/link/expansion process for the refpolicy? I believe this would
> be a pretty interesting topic.

Pathetic that I have to link to a blog entry, but it is all I could find
other than the code itself:
http://securityblog.org/brindle/2006/07/05/selinux-policy-module-primer/

Somebody should copy that content into selinuxproject.org.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency