Re: Trouble logging in through SSH

On 05/02/11 14:27, Dominick Grift wrote:
By the way, these policy related questions should go to
refpolicy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx maillist.

Hi Dominick, thanks for your replies to my issues.

When I hit trouble, I thought I had hit something other than regular policy issues, but this was incorrect. I have missing access_vectors, and face some other issues (due to a combination of recent software and non-standard file locations), but all appear to be surmountable through a custom policy build.

I've learned a lot in a short time, thanks in large part to reading some key posts in this mailing list, and my system is firmly in the realm of policy tweaking now. Mostly I'm twiddling booleans and changing file contexts to match Arch Linux at this point, with cron and syslog-ng the only services with issues. My "semanage permissive -a" functionality is broken, as the "/var/lib/selinux" path I see hardcoded into semanage does not exist on my system, but it was no bother to hand code a permissive module to get my logging working for now. So I can run enforcing from boot whilst I finish up, no problem.

It looks like Fedora have already addressed some of the core refpolicy issues I've faced (problems unrelated to Arch file locations), but patches had not made it upstream the last time I checked. I'd also like to see a passenger module make it into refpolicy. So, I still have some outstanding refpolicy queries, which I'll take over to the mailing list you mention.

Thanks again.