Re: libsemanage patch for MCS/MLS in user files

On Jan 5, 2011, at 2:30 AM, Russell Coker wrote:

> The attached patch makes the
> /etc/selinux/default/contexts/files/file_contexts.homedirs generation process
> include the MCS/MLS level.
>
> This means that if you have a user with a MCS/MLS level that isn't SystemLow
> then their home directory will be labeled such that they can have read/write
> access to it by default.
>
> Unless anyone has any better ideas for how to solve this problem I will upload
> this to Debian shortly.
>
> What do the MLS users do in this situation?  Just relabel home directories
> manually?

We don't have any users that are single level > SystemLow. I do think that is a
legitimate use case. We currently symlink most dot files into a polyinstatiated
directory to allow terminal windows and preferences to work at multiple levels.

You could polyinstantiate the home directory and not worry about the specific
level.

joe