Re: analysing optional policy

On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 20:55 +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> I'm having a problem with optional policy not being used when I think it
> should.
>
> Is it possible to use apol to get information on optional policy for .pp files
> so I can try to work out why it doesn't get enabled?
>
>                 unconfined_run_to(depmod_t, depmod_exec_t)
>
> In the Debian policy I have the above in an optional section of base.pp but
> for reasons that I don't understand it's not being loaded (both tests and
> running apol on policy.24 show this).
>
> I've inspected the contents of base.conf and they appear to be OK.
>
> Any suggestions of other tools to analyse this will be appreciated.

Is this with the policy found in
selinux-policy-src_0.2.20100524-4_all.deb?  I don't see
unconfined_run_to being used in that policy.

It looks like modutils is part of base, so depmod_t and depmod_exec_t
should be defined.  But there is a requires statement at the top of
modutils for "bool secure_mode_insmod".  Is secure_mode_insmod in the
policy?

--
James Carter <jwcart2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
National Security Agency