Re: temporal role base access control in Linux

Hello,

avc_has perm() is for checking if permissions are granted or not (Access Vector Cache),

A proper method of extending security functionality would be using LSM APIs and SELinux Hooks (LSM: Linux Security Module)

http://www.nsa.gov/research/_files/selinux/papers/module/x280.shtml

But TRBAC can be simulated with SELinux even without writing specific code or modifying SELinux, by combining appropriate predefined set of policies and a scheduler process or hierarchical scheduler with enough (higher) privileges to load policies on the fly,

Of course if such usage does not need atomic role/policy entry (I don't see any practical use for such atomic role entry anyway)

You can find more on implementation here:
http://selinuxproject.org/page/NB_LSM

I'm sorry but with all due respects, I don't know if helping people in Iran on the subject is legal or not (I'm not a Lawyer) but judging from sources of your mail (which is Iran), I prefer not to be involved in any particular help.

Anyway this is a project develped primarily by the National Security Agency of the USA, and its contributors.

Yours,

Patrick K.