Re: Console Login and SSH Login Security Contexts...

On 10/31/10 18:36, Hasan Rezaul-CHR010 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I know there was a huge email thread recently regarding obtaining
> correct security context after SSH-login, but I didn't really get the
> answer I need from that thread. So hoping someone can help me...
[...]
> After the software_upgrade (when the filesystem has already been labeled
> correctly, and after the reboot, I would expect the "login" process and
> the "sshd" process to run under the correct context
> (system_u:system_r:login_exec_t), (system_u:system_r:sshd_exec_t).  But
> I don't  :-(  I see them both running as  system_u:system_r:kernel_t
> !!!  This tells me that the domain transitions during the init sequence
> perhaps didn't go smoothly ?

This is the first problem.  It sounds like your init program (typically
/sbin/init) is not labeled correctly, which means you don't transition
out of kernel_t when init runs, meaning anything that starts up from
init/init scripts will almost certainly have the wrong context.  The
init program should be init_exec_t.  I would expect sshd to have the
sshd_t domain and local login would be local_login_t (getty processes
getty_t).

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC