Re: ERROR 'syntax error' at token ':c' on line 42:

On 10/12/2010 04:39 AM, Stephen Smalley wrote:
Looks like the previously discussed flex bug, e.g.:
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=126763385807985&w=2

yeah I was thinking this as well.. from what it seems this is hitting with the
packages provided by suse,  as well as the userspace packages. but unlike
my other system that was hitting this, the error is with building a module, instead of building
the policy.(as a workaround I would throw in an older version of flex, then build only
checkpolicy/module to get it working..(or if I was too lazy just copy a version that
works over to the other machine)).

I can go through this today and see what I get.. one thing I noticed with the packages
from suse(11.4) is, policycoreutils is older than same of the newer packages they have,
causing other errors with python i.e. seinfo not found kind of error.

As for flex itself.. I do remember starting a bisect on that package, but then realized
that from version 2.34(if I remember correctly) to 2.35 theirs just a few patches that
are rather lengthy, making a bisect possible, but then going through the bad commit
more lengthy...

Justin P. Mattock