RE: Problem about audit-test-2090 + refpolicy-2.20091117

Hi Paul,

> Subject: Re: Problem about audit-test-2090 + refpolicy-2.20091117
> From: paul.moore@xxxxxx
> To: harrytaurus2002@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: selinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; refpolicy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 07:52:47 -0400
>
> On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 10:26 +0000, TaurusHarry wrote:
> > Hi SELinux exports,
> >
> > When I am trying to build the lspp_test.pp provided by
> > audit-test-2090/utils/selinux-policy/lspp_test.* along with the
> > refpolicy-20091117 source code, I copied lspp_test.* files to
> > policy/modules/apps/ and then modified policy/modules.conf to declare
> > "lspp_test = module", but I run into below error message ...
>
> Is there any reason why you copied the lspp_test policy files to the
> refpolicy sources and tried to build it there? I'm not completely sure
> that this is the cause of your problem but I can ! say for certain that
> this is not a tested procedure for building the lspp_test module.
>
> The normal procedure is to build the lspp_test policy module separately
> from the system's main SELinux policy, e.g. build and install the normal
> system's SELinux policy (refpolicy-20091117 in your case) and after you
> have verified that everything is working correctly you can change to the
> directory audit-test-*/utils/selinux-policy directory and use the
> Makefile located their to build the lspp_test module.

Many many thanks for your response!

Well, after I installed SELinux header properly then I did could enter audit-test/utils/selinux-policy/ successfully built lspp_test.pp there, however, I run into below error messages when trying to insert it:

[root/secadm_r/s0@qemu-host selinux-policy]# semodule -i lspp_test.pp
libsepol.expand_terule_helper: conflicting TE rule for! (lspp_test_generic_t, sepgsql_db_t:db_table): old was user_sepgsql_ta ble_t, new is sepgsql_table_t
libsepol.expand_module: Error during expand
libsemanage.semanage_expand_sandbox: Expand module failed
semodule: Failed!
[root/secadm_r/s0@qemu-host selinux-policy]#

Very honestly speaking I am clueless about such error message, so I tried to compile lspp_test.pp along with refpolicy source code just to see if such problem could simply disappear. Do you have some comments or suggestions about it?

Moreover, the audit-test-2090 seems to be a little "old" than the refpolicy-2.20091117, for example, the lspp_test.te calls mls_file_read_up() rather than the expected mls_file_read_all_levels(), do you know if I could find some latest version of audit-test package or some latest version of the lspp_test.* files?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Harry