recommending interfaces for audit2allow

corenet_tcp_connect_mysqld_port(foo_milter_t)

I think that we need a way for an interface file to recommend itself to have a
higher priority for certain matches.  For example the above policy line does
permit foo_milter_t to talk to a MySQL server on a different system.  But you
probably want something like the following:

mysql_tcp_connect(foo_milter_t)
optional_policy(`
  mysql_stream_connect(foo_milter_t)
')

So it seems that audit2allow should know that mysql_tcp_connect() is a
preferred option to corenet_tcp_connect_mysqld_port() and that having an
option to connect to a Unix domain socket would be good.

Also maybe we should have a single interface with an optional section for
MySQL client access.

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog