Re: Developing a SELinux policy for antivirus - Activating a boolean variable when another has been actived

On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 13:12 -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 17:01 +0200, Alice Mynona wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > during the developing of a SELinux module I got the following error messages when executing "audit2allow -a -l"

> > libsepol.context_from_record: type antivirus_t is not defined
> > libsepol.context_from_record: could not create context structure
> > libsepol.context_from_string: could not create context structure
> > libsepol.sepol_context_to_sid: could not convert unconfined_u:unconfined_r:antivirus_t:s0 to sid
> >
> > "antivirus_t" is a domain I have defined in my module:
> >
> > type antivirus_t;
> > domain_type(antivirus_t)
> >
> > I have already removed the module (semodule -r antivirus.pp && semodule -R) and did a file context repair afterwards (fixfiles restore). The error still exists.
> >
> > I have reinstalled the policy (yum reinstall selinux-policy-*), but the problem remains. I have also taken a look at "file_contexts" (cd /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active && grep antivirus_t file_contexts*), but there's no "antivirus_t" anymore.
> >
> > Can you help me to find the cause of the problem? I don't know how to debug libsepol-messages.
> >
> > I'm using "selinux-policy-targeted-3.6.32-118.fc12.noarch".
>
> Sounds like the -l option to audit2allow isn't working correctly, so
> that instead of only processing audit messages since the last policy
> reload, you are still processing the audit messages from when that
> policy module was installed, and unsurprisingly it cannot map those
> contexts since you removed the module.  That would be a bug in
> audit2allow/sepolgen.
>
> Workaround would be to use ausearch to select the desired range of
> messsages specifically, e.g.
> /sbin/ausearch -m AVC -ts today | audit2allow

Dan - looks like you pushed the audit2why analyze calls down into
sepolgen while it is parsing the messages.  But this means that all
messages will be analyzed even if the user specified -l.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency