Re: New init system hitting a distro near you.

On 06/18/2010 03:34 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd.html

This has interesting ramifications for SELinux. I have a working version
of this in Fedora 14, but we need to add rules like

allow sshd_t init_t:tcp_socket { getopt ioctl getattr setopt };

Since systemd will be doing the listening and passing the socket to sshd.

Could we have risks of sshd_t grabbing the tcp_socket connected to httpd_t?

In this scenario we are no longer protecting against the name_bind, and
are forced to put more trust into init_t.

From rudimentary testing we would have to add

ifdef(`init_systemd', `
	allow daemon init_t:socket_class_set { getopt ioctl getattr setopt };
')

Which seems to allow sshd_t to work.

I guess we could make it more secure by locking this down based on the name_bind macros but we also want to handle things like cups which listen on a unix domain socket.