Re: Report of PGcon2010

(2010/06/12 1:12), Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Xavier Toth (txtoth@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>> Is there any hope for some sort of Common Criteria
>> testing/certification of SELinux PostgreSQL?
>
> I think it would need someone to sponsor it/the work involved..  I'm not
> sure what changes, if any, would be needed to the system to support
> that.  I definitely think it'd be great if it happened.
>

>From perspective of the functionalities, eventually, it shall provide
label based data flow control features, such as Oracle Label Security,
but the development cycle is going to be incremental.
So, it is impossible to release complete features at once.

>From perspective of the sponsorship, it shall become a next theme to
the development of functionalities. Of course, I have an intention to
encourage our company to fund the certification.
However, it is the least prerequisite that SELinux module will perform
on the upstreamed PostgreSQL.

Hence, it is a long term theme for us, but it will be hopeful.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>