Re: Labeling as part of distribution build process?

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Stephen Hemminger
<shemminger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am working on SELinux support for our distribution. We support LiveCD
> and running off a read-only image.  I have gotten xattr support for
> Squashfs to work, but one question is how to do labeling of alternative
> root location. One twist is that the build environment probably will
> not be running with the same SELinux policy as the target.
>
> What I want is to label a sub directory tree based on the rules
> of a policy (package).  The existing tools appear to be targeted
> at a self-hosted policy environment. Is there some way to label
> with other tools?

You should be able to use setfiles as long as you run it within a
chroot and run it in a domain that is allowed to set undefined
contexts (setfiles_mac_t in the Fedora policy, introduced to support
livecd building and building of other distribution releases with
different policies on a SELinux-enabled host).  See:
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=127300211126195&w=2