Re: I am trying to build an MLS livecd.

On 05/04/2010 02:46 PM, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 14:18 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

>>> Does the same problem occur if the type is undefined in the host policy?
>>> IOW, is this a problem with undefined contexts in general or specific to
>>> the MLS field?
>>>
>>> What output do you get if you run setfiles with -vv?
>>>
>>> Could mcstransd be incorrectly mapping the range to s0?
>>>

>> I attached the actuall output.  Problem is it takes 1/2 hour to get back
>> to this state.
>>
>> mcstransd would not be running in the environment.  livecd has a hacked
>> out environment that thinks it is running SELinux in enforcing mode.
>>
>> /selinux is a big hack and does nothing.
>
> BTW, can you or Eric describe exactly what that "hacked out environment"
> looks like and how the fake /selinux is set up?
>
> It seems like we could make setfiles more directly support this kind of
> thing (via a new option) so that we don't need that fake environment at
> all.  It already uses its own SELINUX_CB_VALIDATE callback function, so
> we can easily turn off the canonicalization of contexts when it is being
> used on a foreign policy.

I think most of the hacking is to allow tools like selinux-policy to
work correctly, without screwing up the hosts environment.

I have patches coming to fix semanage which expects booleans to exist
even if you have a different store.

I think all the changes are in
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/imgcreate/creator.py